Delta Plastics of the South is currently seeking a Purchasing Agent to be responsible for managing all purchasing requests at least cost via the company's designated guidelines.
1. Create purchase orders in Syteline for all sites or in offline format for new acquisitions.
2. Monitor purchase requisitions to determine accuracy of information.
3. Detect, research, and resolve purchasing issues and problems with incorrect orders, invoices, and shipments.
4. Responsible for placing orders with vendors for JIT deliveries
5. Managing inventory levels at vendor warehouses
6. Coding purchases to correct departments
7. Facilitate the operations related to Annual (or as needed) Vendor Request for Proposal (RFPs)
8. Assist in obtaining and studying comparative prices and quotations.
9. Maintain a calendar with scheduling of incoming orders.
10. Track, monitor and record rail car deliveries. In addition, maintain a spreadsheet that reflects individual railcar movement.
11. Work flexible schedule (possibly nights, weekends, holidays) if necessary.
12. Limited travel
13. Purchasing analysis
14. Backup other Supply Chain roles on an as needed basis
15. Other Ad Hoc responsibilities as needed
* Attributes: Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well-organized, problem-solver, positive attitude, quick thinker, open minded, well spoken, professional appearance, and persuasive
* 2+ years of purchasing experience strongly desired
* Customer Service Experience Required
* Strong Microsoft Office and Keyboarding Skills
* High school diploma with 3-5 years office experience
* Professional sales/customer service experience desired
* Reliable transportation